The London City School Board of Education met on Tuesday, January 9th for its Organizational meeting and first regular meeting of 2018. During the organizational meeting, Board member Donovan Cooper took the oath of office and began his duties on the Board after being elected in November. The Board elected Darryl Brown to remain Board President and opted for Jonathon Stahl to serve as Vice President for 2018. The Board established the following regular meeting dates for 2018: January 9th, February 13th, March 13th, April 17th, May 8th, June 12th, July 17th, August 7th, September 11th, October 9th, November 6th, and December 11th. All regular meetings are scheduled to begin at 6:30 pm and will be held at London High School in room 311.
During the meeting, Mr. Brown made the following Board appointments:
- Mr. Cooper as delegate to the Ohio School Boards Association (OSBA) Annual Conference (Mr. Brown will serve as alternate); and,
- Mr. Maynor as legislative liaison to OSBA.
Finally, the Board approved the following committee appointments:
- Mr. Stahl as the representative to the London Community Foundation;
- Mr. Hohman as the Tax Committee Liaison;
- Mr Brown and Mr. Maynor will serve as representatives to the London City Schools Foundation Board;
- Mr. Cooper and Mr. Maynor will serve as representatives for the Business Advisory Council;
- Mr. Stahl and Mr. Hohman as representatives to the district’s Finance, Buildings, and Ground Committee; and,
- Mr. Cooper as the OSBA Region Chapter Liaison.
During the regular meeting, the Board heard an update from Superintendent Kramer on new procedures for elementary arrival and dismissal as well as information on new transportation routing software, which will be recommended to the Board in February.
A few highlights of other Board action included:
- Approved the following revised policies: 6233, 6320, 6325, 6423, 6680, 6700, 8500, 8510. These will be uploaded to the district’s policy portal within the next month. You can access all district policies here;
- Approved a recommendation to approve appointment of Megan Buckley to the London Public Library Board of Trustees;
- Approved a recommendation for an overnight trip for the LHS wrestling team on January 26th, 2018 to participate in the Marion Pleasant High School Wrestling Tournament.
Minutes of each meeting are approved the following month and then posted here.