-- America's most independent, assertive charity watchdog. We dive deep to let you know how efficiently a charity will use your donation to fund the programs you want to support. CharityWatch exposes nonprofit abuses and advocates for your interests as a donor.
Directions: Answer the 13 questions provided to complete your project.
- What is the exact name of the charity?
- How does the charity use your contribution?
- What is the organization’s mission?
- What outcomes has this charity seen through its work?
- Is your contribution tax deductible?
- How accountable is the organization?
- Has federal, state, and/or local authorities registered the organization?
- How much money is taken in?
- Are there testimonials from people/organizations who have received money from the charity?
- If so, give two examples. If no, find out why they do not have people/organizations listed that have received money from them.
- Is it LLS funded?
- Give a brief history behind the creation of the charity.
- Are there any famous people who donate/fund this charity?
This is an example of three charities and Charity Watch citations.
Mother Teresa Princess Diana